Effective Meeting/Workshop Design and Moderation Techniques (15-19 May)
- 1720.00 EUR
An intensive training for planners & managers who want to conduct effective workshops and enhance their moderation/facilitation skills for workshops and daily meetings!
Date: 15-19 May 2017
Training fee: 1720 EUR
Workshops create space where people from different background & interests work together to achieve specific results. In development cooperation, managing this space can be a real challenge.
Effectively-designed workshop processes and effective moderation techniques can help people to adjust their interests and contribute for a mutual goal. It also helps us to overcome barriers of hierarchy, conflicts, competition, and self-interest which are common in any societal context.
This 5-day training offers you a range of workshop-related issues, from planning to on-stage practice.
At the end of the training, the participants
- know dimensions and processes of a workshop and similar events
- understand the relation between work context and type of workshop
- are able to elaborate own workshop designs
- know relevant methods for workshops and similar events
- know approaches for different workshop contexts
- know how to deal with challenging situations
- are enabled to use facilitation techniques effectively and culturally appropriate in their work
- are able to moderate workshops effectively and in an outcome oriented approach
- are able to apply a variety of moderation techniques for different process steps
Content / Topics
- Definition and boundaries of a workshop, workshop dimensions
- Types and objectives of workshops
- The moderation process
- Overview of methods and approaches for different contexts
- Planning matrix and other planning instruments
- How to deal with difficult situations and problematic dynamics during a workshop
- Functions and tasks of the moderator
- Question techniques
- Practical application of facilitation techniques including feedback
About the trainer
Michael Zillich offers many years of experience as trainer, facilitator and consultant. He supported people and organizations in more than 30 countries by managing their development and change processes. His expertise reaches from planning of measures to their implementation. His qualification in international cooperation focuses on project planning and management, technical and vocational training and team development processes.
Besides this course, Michael Zillich is also our experienced trainer for “Training of Trainers.”
Who should attend this training?
Staff of public, private or civil society organizations, and project staff who:
- wants to plan and implement workshops/meeting effectively with their partners or multiple stakeholders
- wants to enhance and apply moderation/facilitation skills in their workshops and daily meetings
Moderators or consultants in any topics who have beginner or intermediate experiences and want to improve their planning know-how and moderation technique in an outcome-oriented way
- Interactive presentation and exchange on concept and tools
- Reflection and discussion by participants
- Application of learning through selected own practical examples, elaborated in group work
- Group presentation and peer learning
- Intense feedback during application